Giving children a chance to thrive
Mobile Schools Health is a social business that works with public and private partners to deliver preventative healthcare services to under-privileged primary school learners across South Africa.Contact us
A model for maximum impact
Mobile Schools Health is the only high-impact, mobile intervention that enables under-served children to access preventative healthcare so that they can have the opportunity to succeed in life.
Using large-scale, multi-disciplinary mobile clinics, we deliver optometry, primary healthcare and oral healthcare services directly to schools – ensuring convenience for children as well as their families and schools.
- Visual screening.
- Eye health examination.
- Provision of medication for children with minor ailments, or refer to the clinic for more serious issues.
- Prescribe and supply spectacles to those with vision impairment.
- Health education and counseling.
- Nutritional assessments.
- Height, weight, BMI, and growth monitoring.
- Motor skills and development milestones.
- Hearing assessment.
- Provision of immunisations.
- Check and treat minor ailments and refer to the local clinic or hospital for more serious health issues.
- Oral health education and promotion.
- Scaling and polishing (cleaning).
- Fluoride treatments.
- Application of fissure sealants.
- Fill dental caries.
How do we do it?
Mobile Schools Health is a comprehensive solution that considers every detail needed to create maximum impact in the communities we serve. We do the hard work so our partners don't have to.